Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog Challenge: Days 14 and 15

Hello! I obviously have been AWOL all weekend. I just had a really long, busy, tiring weekend and didn't spend much time at the computer. Rest and sleep trumped blog.

But I'm back! I will write about days 14/15 today.

First: My First Memory

I don't really know. I have lots of memories from when I was a kid but none from when I was REALLY young. I remember most things in groups and can't discern age of when they individually happened. For example, one of my best memories is spending lots and lots of time at the beach growing up. We lived in Southern California, and my mom didn't work so we went to the beach a lot. I have very specific memories of different beaches, showering the sand off before we left, having competitions with my brothers who could pull the biggest hunk of seaweed on shore and so on. That's why I crave the beach so much as an adult.

I also remember spending a lot of time at the park. My Grandpa was very physically active and would go to the park every morning to run or walk laps. This particular park had stations along the outer path that you could stop and do exercises at, with pictures of the exercises at the station. I would run along with him and try my hardest to do the exercises but never could quite do it right.

We lived with my grandparents and every morning they would pick a grapefruit from the tree in our backyard, split it and each have half with a little sugar and a bowl of cereal. I loved it when they let me go out and pick the "best" one for them.

I remember being hit by a car when I was 6. That's the only memory I specifically remember my age. I was on my bike, trying to follow my older brother and his friend on their bikes. They crossed a busy street we were not allowed to be near, and instead of stopping, I tried to follow. I heard a loud screech and turned my head in time to see a car coming right at me, braking so hard I saw sparks come out the sides of the tires. It didn't hit me very hard, but hard enough to mangle my brand new bike and send my arm through the spokes and face into the pavement. I have no idea how I didn't break anything. The nice stranger who hit me carried me home (my house was 2 streets over) and I remember my mom opening the door with a horrified look on her face. I was later so scared of getting an xray they paid me 10 cents to lie still enough for it. Haha. Dimes are in high demand when you're 6.

I remember my mom coming into my room every night and singing a song to me and tickling my tummy before falling asleep. My mom was good to her babies. I miss that mom.

Oh and Patrick Swayze bought a house for his mom at the top of my street. I loved him when I was little so when I heard this I wrote him a love letter and hand delivered it to his mom. She told me I was the cutest thing ever and that she would get me an autographed picture for me, but I never went back. I was upset that Patrick wasn't there. He was probably off Dirty Dancing somewhere.

Is it weird that I don't remember specific things from when I was very young? I think it's a little bit sad...

On to our next topic. The original idea was to list my favorite Tumblrs, but I have no idea what that is, so I'm gonna go ahead and change that. I saw something Emily did the other day on her blog that I will just steal. :)

I am...woman, hear me roar.
I want...to have a healthy pregnancy resulting in healthy baby.
I have...a wonderful life.
I wish...I was lying on the beach.
I hate...bad manners.
I fear...being a bad mom.
I search...ksl classifieds for a dresser everyday..haha.
I wonder...if the nugget will look anything like me. Judging the ultrasound..not so much.
I regret...not being more upfront with my parents.
I love...my husband. And french fries. And chocolate.
I ache...a lot in my feet and a little in my heart.
I always...drink ice water.
I usually...leave my house way later than i should to get to work when I should.
I am not...skinny. i got the wrong genes for that one. thanks Dad.
I dance...in my living room with my husband..and sometimes for clients.
I sing...all the damn time.
I never...do the dishes. I have the best husband ever.
I sometimes...get really mad about things I cant change.
I cry...a lot. Its really annoying.
I am not always...good at faking it. Moods I mean.
I lose...patience quickly.
I am confused...by how my Mom can be so.. just so.
I need...a big deep jetted tub.
I should...start letting go.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I....Just love you