Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 17

Well hello friends! I'm glad you are reading..even if you're not commenting. I will keep on keeping on!

Today's challenge topic: My Highs and Lows of the Past Year
(I will try and remember the year chronologically haha)

Highs:
  • Feb: We bought our first house!!
  • April: Enjoyed an awesome vacation with my hubby to Arizona
  • April: Got to watch my beautiful nugget niece McKenzie be born into the world
  • July: Ran a 10k..which is something I always wanted to do but never thought I would
  • August: Found out I was pregnant!
  • November: Went on a bucket list vacation along the California coast
  • All Year: First year of my life I have felt pretty much completely satisfied. I felt like things were moving in the direction I wanted them too, whether it was settling into a home, getting my weight and health on track, loving my job, enjoying a great relationship with my hubs or building our family together

Lows:

  • Struggling with my parents not being a real part of my life.. this is forever ongoing I'm afraid
  • Struggling with being in a parenting role that I have no control over the outcome or decisions made...also forever ongoing
  • In June my Aunt died after a long battle with breast cancer
  • Had a corneal ulcer..that was the most miserable 3 days of my life.
  • Lilith Fair got cancelled at last minute...total heartbreak.

All in all, 2010 was a pretty great year. I can't complain seeing as I had to search through old Facebook posts to figure out my lows for the year. :)

Here's hoping 2011 is even better!

1 comment:

Dustin the wind said...

NOT LILITH FAIR!!!! the humanity!