Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Challenge: Day 13

Today sucks. It was going so well to begin with. It's my day off so I slept in (I've been sooo tired lately) and lounged around for awhile before cleaning up a bit. I thought I heard my doorbell ring but I wasn't sure and I never really answer the door when I'm home alone anyways, so I ignored it. About 15 minutes later I went upstairs to discover some old man walking around my front yard with a long pole in his hand. I had no idea what was going on. I got myself dressed and went outside to find my neighbors out there just about to leave.

Apparently all the sprinklers along the front sidewalk were pouring water out of them, flooding the grass and street. My nice little neighbor was searching for my water shutoff but couldn't find it. They left and i panicked, unsure of what to do. I ran downstairs to the main shutoff, turned it off and ran back upstairs but the water was still running. I called Daniel about 10 times and couldn't get through. I had no idea where else to look for another shut off so I wandered the house and yard. Finally I got Daniel on the phone and he told me it was in the garden in some random hole and I had to get our long metal T-shaped tool thingy to turn it off. I stuck it down in there and turned it, hoping for the best. It's about 5 feet down in the ground so I had no idea if I was doing it right and all of a sudden I hear spraying water, so I freaked out thinking I had now made it worse. But relief! I checked the front and the water had stopped. Crisis averted.


Then I got to spend some time at the Drivers License Division, go to Home Depot to get some money back they overcharged me on carpet and check out the local Rec center since we cancelled our Gold's membership (which I'm very sad about).


On to home where I promptly drop my phone on the kitchen tile, which apparently cracked my touch screen. Now the phone works, but the screen doesn't. Since its a touch screen, i can't do anything. I see these texts and calls come in but I cant even look at them because it doesn't register my touch. Lame.



Are you still with me?



Good. now's the perfect time to daydream about today's topic: Somewhere I'd like to move or visit.


Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a beach girl. Give me the ocean and I will love you forever. My dream is to live in a little beach town, where my sole purpose in life is to walk the beaches and bask in the glory of the sunshine. However, I married someone with a couple of things that keeps him permanently in Utah. I do love this state, because it's gorgeous and there is lots for me to enjoy in the summer. But... it doesn't have the ocean.


So, I told Daniel he has to take me to a beach every year to make up for not moving me to one. He hasn't made that happen every year, but close. I would LOVE to visit Hawaii one day, but for now it's way too out of my price range. I would love to see Fiji and Tahiti and any remote island with white sand and bright blue water. Ahhh... bliss.

Other than beaches though, my dream is to visit multiple places in Europe, mainly France and Italy. I have a mild obsession in my head with visiting Paris. Pretty much every part of Italy calls to me too. Rome, Venice, Milan, Capri..all of it. Oh and pretty much all the Greek islands need to be seen too. I think I should have been born a European. I would much rather work to live and enjoy the slow life than live to work and watch life tick by without me.


Ok I think that's enough. Those are my top places I would love to see, although really seeing the whole world wouldn't be so bad. A girl can dream, right?

3 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

When it rains is pours. I finally got Trent to walk me through all of the things I would need to do in case of an emergency. Shut off the water to an over flowing toilet, turn off the gas, main water.... you know, the stuff that would cost us a lot of money if I couldn't do it. I would still be at a loss if he died. I already told him I wouldn't live in this house, there is no way I could keep it from falling apart.
They are pretty much the muscle behind our brains right?

Daniel said...

Ha Ha. I was a little panicked at first too when she called cause I couldn't figure out HOW water could be coming out of the sprinklers since I thought they were turned off. Apparently not all the way. I have to say though...listening to her scream as she turned it off made me giggle a bit

Nay said...

Just hope there isn't something frozen/broken somewhere along the line. Plumbers are too expensive so you have to learn how to do it yourself! Good job, Lizzy!