Thursday, December 18, 2008

Movin' on up...

So, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but snow has decided to finally fall across Utah (and apparently Vegas) over the last week. Well, lucky me, I have been able to do nothing. My tires are completely bare, so driving in the snow is pretty much a death trap. After Daniel's company party on Saturday, we lost all control on 2-15 on the way home. There's nothing quite like not being able to control your car on the freeway with other cars whizzing past you during a snowstorm. We were able to make it home, and I have sworn off driving in the snow since. We thought about getting new tires, but since we have upgraded wheels, the cheapest tire we could find was $130 each. We decided that wasn't worth it. We have been thinking about trading our car in for awhile now, because the Mazda just didn't offer enough room for us, plus 3kids (one of which is Daniel-sized). So after some browsing, research and mad haggling, tonight we traded our car in for something a little more family friendly. It's the Subaru Tribeca. It seats 7 but is still in the "mid-size suv" family. I wasn't quite ready to jump to minivan family status, so the mid size is just right for me. We got a good deal and kept our payment right about the same as it was, which was the only way we were willing to do it. It's fully loaded and I love it!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That is an awsome car now that they changed the front end.

Andee said...

I love it! Let me know how you guys like it in the upcoming months. Kelly and I are looking to get a family vehicle someday and would love your thoughts!

Elizabeth R said...

Well, we got the 2006, so it does have the not-so-fabulous front end, but its not so bad.

Aubrie said...

wow look at you. moving on up is right.. i like it :o)

Becca and Billy said...

Loves it!!

Gold-E said...

Niiice! Now we won't have to tow you to the cabin. Subarus are the best in the snow!

KALIE said...

Hey that is a good looking ride! Let me know how you like it!

ciara said...

I came from Erica's blog, we've meet a couple times. I have never been a fan of Subaru's then I saw the picture. That's REALLy Cute and I mean it. Plus it seats seven, it looks like the Murano, down side only a 5seater. I think I might have to look at the tribeca when I need to add that extra room. Let me know what you think of it.