Thursday, October 23, 2008

2 years and some cake too..

Happy Anniversary to us. We have been married for 2 years, which seems so new considering how long we have been together. I know it's regular tradition to eat the top layer of your wedding cake for your first anniversary, but at that time we had no idea where ours was. We thought it had been thrown out, and we didn't really mind. A few months ago however, Kathy presented us with a little gift. Our cake, pulled out of the recesses of the basement deep freezer. Tonight, we pulled it out and cut into it, expecting the gag-inducing taste of freezer burn. Instead, nestled in the cover of a thick fondant, our cake was soft, moist and delicious. The raspberry filling was just as sweet as it was two years ago. Thanks for taking care of it for us Ted and Kathy! (And I love you, Danny! Thanks for being you.)


Our cake then...



Our cake now...

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Our cake was gag inducing, still have the flowers in it and we cut into it about a month later. Hooray for fondant. At least I have a memory of our cake tasting delightful.

KALIE said...

Awww shoot. You two kids are just so cute together. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your wedding cake. Our's was pretty sad at our 1 year anniversary. Congrats!

Becca and Billy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gold-E said...

I don't remember getting a good taste of my cake. I was so looking forward to a bite after my honeymoon, but the flowers were left in it and it was dis-gust-ing! Too bad for me, but yay! for you!! Happy anniversary.

Andee said...

Happy Anniversary! Cake looks yummy!So happy for both of you!! :)

Andee said...

Here's hoping for our cake next May!

Erica said...

oh happy anniversary! I forgot to text you yesterday - my bad. sounds like you had some time together. and goof to kow you still had your cake! we didn't save ours because I was afraid of the gag inducing result, but congrats for you. that's awesome you could share and relive that wonderful day!

love you both!

Nay said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I didn't get around to calling you yesterday! Hope it was a good day. I still have the blue flowers from our cake 35+ years ago!! Imagine!! Petrified frosting.

Daniel said...

More like 39 years ago old lady...and why?

Aubrie said...

we didnt save any of our cake, we should have, we are lame...