Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh Sun, How I Love Thee...

Is the recent weather not the best thing ever? I can't help myself but want to spend every minute outside. Luckily, I was off early yesterday and took advantage of it! Becca had the day off so we decided to go on a hike! We chose an easy one (the Bonneville Shoreline Trail), packed some water and cameras and we were off! It was so nice to get outside and breathe and get a little sunshine. We did quickly realize we aren't the hiking champions we were in high school. We made it to the overlook though and felt pretty dang proud!
Apparently lots of other people had our same idea because there were so many mountain bikers on the trail. I don't know what the proper ettiquette of hiking is, but no matter who it was, whether it be biker or runner or fellow walker, Becca and I were always the ones to get out of the way. Not always by choice, but because no one else was going to move so it was either us or die. I did make an attempt to test the theory of just keep going and eventually they will move, but I only ended up almost falling in a bush while Becca laughed her head off. Bad call to test that going head to head with a mountain bike.

Thanks for the fun day my friend! Let's do it again soon! Anyone wanna join us?

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

Lame! Why wasn't I invited? I have everyday off did you forget? Kenna and I went to the park but we could have come hiking with you...

Becca and Billy said...

I had so much fun! LEFT! ....LOL

KALIE said...

Hey fellow sun worshiper. Looks like you had a great time! Too bad it's been rainy and cloudy so much lately. Perhaps a sacrifice to the sun god is in order? You round up the virgin...