Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ohh, Mexico!


Although it's already like a dream, we got home from Mexico last night. We had a fabulous time. We spent the first couple nights alone at a hotel right in Puerto Vallarta, then met up with the family on Saturday at the resort to spend another week. It was so nice to have a real vacation where I could be exactly where I wanted to be and do whatever I wanted to do. We didn't do much the first few days other than walk around the city, eat and waste time at the infamous timeshare presentation. (By the way... yes, we bought one. Don't ask.) The resort was the good stuff. We swam alot, ate alot of guacamole by the pool, boggie boarded, did water aerobics, played water volleyball, ran from crabs (at least I did... Daniel chased them), enjoyed the views, spent time with the family and just plain old relaxed. We went onto town one day with the fam where I'm pretty sure we were all sweating worse than I've ever experienced. The humidity was deadly. I got the worst massage ever since my masseuse spent half the time text messaging while I was just lying there. We also got to get away and enjoy a day sailing and snorkeling alone. We also spent a day with Rebekah and Victor doing an ATV tour, which was so much fun. I've never 4-wheeled before, and now I'm in love. We went through the city, through pastures and dirt roads to a small town where we took a break and walked around a bit. Then we jumped back on and went up through the mountains to the rocky terrain, which Rebekah really enjoyed. :) After the tour we went to this total local treasure where they cook whole chickens over this open grill. The place has no walls, doubles as a car repair service and had live chickens walking around you as you eat. It was the BEST food we ate the whole time though. So good! We just drove by it a few times while on the bus and decided it an adventure that needed to be tried. Well worth it! In fact, we took another trip back there with the rest of the family.

It was a great week and it was so nice to spend the quality time with Daniel with no distractions. It was good to have most of the family together too! Now I'm just wondering when I can go back. Until then, back to the grind I go.


4-wheeling through the cattle drive.


Us four at the delicious chicken dive!


Out the back of our condo... our private pool over the ocean.


Playing Phase 10.. a family favorite.


Shopping from the on-site jewelry man.


Noelle: adorable as always.


My husband the artist got this using a rock as a tripod.

5 comments:

Becca and Billy said...

You guys got some good pictures and it sounds like you had a blast. I can't believe you got suckered into a time share...lol. No just kidding! Well I missed you both and can't wait to see you!

ejblack said...

Oh my hell it looks like you guys had a great time! Private pool?? SWEET!

How fun for you both to spend all that time together - alone and with family. Good for you!! I'm gonna cry when I see you tomorrow all tan...you suck.

I'm so glad your back! I missed ya...Dan, not so much! :) Welcome back to the states!!!

Gold-E said...

Next year at the Playa Del Sol?? Thanks for helping make this a really fun week. I may be going through guacamole withdrawal about right now...

Aubrie said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I cant believe you got a timeshare lol....

Aubrie said...

and btw, cute page!